Setup WiFi For Your Business
It’s 2014. It’s imperative that you have WiFi setup for your business. Consumers demand it. Not only that, but there are so many in-store marketing opportunities that you’re missing if you don’t have an internet connection that you can tap into. Why pay all of that money for a brick-and-mortar storefront if you’re not going to leverage your space to the fullest. It’s amazing to me how many companies out there pay to have a brick-and-mortar business, but then worry about the $50/month fee for having WiFi. WiFi for your business IS A MUST HAVE. It’s the cost of doing business in today’s increasingly mobile world. If you’re still not convinced, lets spend some time going through why you need WiFi for your business, and discuss all of the benefits having an internet connection at your brick-and-mortar locations will bring your business.
Why Your Company Needs to Invest WiFi for Your Business
In today’s increasingly mobile world, it really is imperative that your company have WiFi setup at each of your brick-and-mortar locations. Even if you’re not running a coffee shop or a business that caters to consumers using your WiFi network, you’re missing out on the many marketing opportunities that arise when you’re brick-and-mortar location is enabled with technologies such as WiFi. Here are a few of the major things that you can do once you integrate WiFi for your business.
- Consumers can use your network via their mobile devices – This is a no-brainer and it will go a long way in the minds of your customers knowing that you’re investing in their mobile usage.
- Employees can leverage the network – If you have employees who need the internet to perform certain tasks, you must have WiFi set up. That said, perhaps your employees don’t NEED the internet to do their jobs, but if they had it, they could perform certain tasks quicker, more efficiently, and possibly add more value to the company.
- Having WiFi set up at your business opens up numerous in-store digital marketing opportunities – More and more companies, both large and small, are beginning to realize the benefits of running digital marketing campaigns in-store. Your brick-and-mortar location is where your customers spend the majority of their time interacting with your brand. It used to be that if you wanted to run a digital marketing campaign, you could only do it when the customer was away from your business (at home in front of his/her computer). Today, businesses can capture all of the benefits of digital marketing while the customer is actually IN YOUR STORE. The possibilities are endless once you make that small investment in setting up WiFi for your business.
Benefits Of Having WiFi For Your Business
Speaking of the benefits having WiFi in your store, at your restaurant, etc. let’s go through what some of those benefits look like. I think after reading about the benefits that having WiFi set up at your business can bring your company, you’ll be on the horn with Verizon (or whoever the internet provider in your area is) in seconds.
- Collect data from customers and prospects while they shop
- Offer targeted coupons, discounts, and promotions on the spot – Technologies such as OnSpot Social or iBeacon can allow your company to offer strategic discounts right to a customer’s mobile device (if you have WiFi). Those coupons and special offers can be targeted based on where the customer is in the store (if you leverage certain geomapping technologies). It really is incredible once you realize all of the opportunities you have to incentive customers in your store once you have a WiFi network to use.
- Engage consumers with digital ads – Play YouTube videos of your products. Show the full line of products by having your website open on an iPad in a kiosk around your store. Run digital contests in-store. There are so many ways to engage your shoppers while in-store when you and those shoppers are connected to the internet.
- Keep customers at your business longer – The more entertained customers are, the more they can do while at your business, the longer they’ll stay. The longer they stay, the more likely they are to buy something. Having WiFi at your business can increase sales.
- Accept secure mobile payments – There are a number of technologies out there today that actually allow customers to check-out (purchase goods and services) on their own without actually having to go to a cashier. This trend is only going to increase in the future. Without WiFi for your business, you cannot accept mobile payments from customers.
These are just a few of the many benefits setting up WiFi for your business. Do your homework. Talk to your marketing department. Get some quotes for getting a network installed. It’s well worth it. The future is calling. If you don’t answer, your competitors will.